Step 1: Sing the Songs Together
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Celebrate! Jesus has risen! But what does this mean for us now? Amazing things! You see, after Jesus rose from the dead, He promised that He would send His people a Helper. Why? To give them power to fight sin in their lives, give them comfort when they are hurting and to give them peace when they are afraid. That’s good news! Here are a few questions to help us understand what this means for us…
- Who is the Holy Spirit? (John 14:15-31)
- Where does the Holy Spirit live? Who has the Holy Spirit? (John 14:15-17)
- What does the Holy Spirit help us to do? (Galatians 5:22-23)
- What is temptation? (Galatians 5:19-21)
- How can the Holy Spirit help us fight choosing to sin when we are tempted?
- What are areas in your life where you are tempted to sin (ie-disobey your parents, be mean, selfish and hurt others, etc)? Take a moment now to pray and ask the Holy Spirit for His help to turn to Jesus and not choose to sin!
- When we choose Jesus to be our Lord, He gives us the power of the Holy Spirit to help us overcome temptation and sin. We have no hope of defeating sin without Him. To choose Jesus as your Lord, you must;
- A_________ that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
- C________ to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.