AT HOPE BIBLE CHURCH, WE ENCOURAGE PARENTS TO PUBLICLY DEDICATE THEIR CHILDREN TO THE LORD.
- Parents are acknowledging their child as a gift from God (Psalm 127:3-5).
- Parents are publicly declaring their intention to raise their child in such a way that they are given an opportunity to know God and to establish a personal relationship with Christ (Deuteronomy 6:49, Ephesians 6:4).
- Parents are affirming their total dependence upon the Lord (John 15:5).
- Parents are asking family, friends and the church to prayerfully support and hold them accountable to these commitments (Hebrews 10:24-25).
STEPS FOR CHILD DEDICATION:
- Dedicating parent(s) attend Discover Hope | Step 1.
- Dedicating parent(s) attend and successfully complete Discover Hope | Step 2 Class.
- Dedicating parent(s) have been attending Hope Ottawa regularly for at least six months.
- Dedicating Parent(s) have signed up for the Child Dedication Service (Register Below).
- Dedicating parent(s) having successfully filled out and handed in the Child Dedication Application Form (Will be sent to you once we receive your registration).
- Dedicating parent(s) attend the scheduled Child Dedication service and have their child(ren) dedicated.