Virtual Hope Kids - May 27, 2023
Learn from Mistakes
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Learn From Mistakes
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Joshua 9: 1-27 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- In Joshua 9, Joshua knew all the right questions to ask the men who wanted to make a promise with him, but what was the most important thing he forgot (Hint: v. 14)?
- What happened because Joshua did not go to God first for wisdom before making the promise (Hint: v. 22)?
Show God’s Word
- What are 3 ways God has given us to seek Him for help?
- Psalm 119:9-
- James 1:5-
- Proverbs 24:6-
- Can the Bible really help you solve any problem you have? How do you know? (Hint: 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
Apply God’s Word
- When you have a problem to solve, who do you usually go to first for help?
- Who should we go to first for help when we need it?
- What situations are you facing that you need to ask God for help with? Find a Bible verse that you can use to help you; and spend time in prayer asking God to help you.
- God knows everything, and He can help you solve any problem. Because God sent His Son Jesus to die for us, God made it possible for us to always go to God for help if we repent of our sin and confess Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.