Virtual Hope Kids - June 17, 2023
Choose friends carefully
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Good Friends are Loyal
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Spend time reading Ruth 1:6-19 with your family.
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- What did Naomi tell her daughters-in-law to do? (v. 8-9)
- How did Ruth and Orpah react when Naomi first asked them to go? (v. 10)
- What did Orpah decide to do? (v. 14)
- What did Ruth decide to do? (v.16-19)
Show God’s Word
- Loyal means, “giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or place”. Looking at the passage in Ruth, how did Ruth show firm and constant support for Naomi? List them below.
- Ruth showed loyalty by leaving her family and friends and moving with Naomi to a new home where she did not know anyone. Do you think it was easy or hard for Ruth to be loyal? Why or why not?
- Who has been loyal to you? How have they shown you your loyalty? Have they been supportive even when things are hard?
Apply God’s Word
- It is good to be loyal to friends and family, but it is most important that we are loyal to God. Looking at the verses below, what are some ways you can grow in loyalty to God?
- John 15:4
- 1 Chronicles 16:11
- Luke 5:27
- What specific step can you take this week to follow God and be loyal to Him? If you have not decided to follow Jesus and trust Him as your Lord and Saviour that is the first step you need to take! If you are already a follower of Jesus, can you grow in loyalty in your time in the word? Prayer? Service?
- One way we can grow in loyalty to Christ is to spend time with God in prayer and in reading His Word. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word in the wisdom He gives us! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need, to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize Proverbs 17:17 to remind yourself to be a loyal friend who helps others in their time of need; “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.”
- Our greatest call to loyalty is to God, but first we have to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. But, to have this, you must put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.