Virtual Hope Kids - June 03, 2023
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Spend time reading Romans 12:9-21 with your family.
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- What do verse 9-10 tell us about loving others? (vv. 9-10)
- How are Christians supposed to think about evil? (v.9)
- What should our love of God be like? (v.11)
- What should our love of other Christians be like? (v. 13)
- What should our love of people who hurt us be like? (vv.14, 17-20)
Show God’s Word
- Has someone ever said or done something mean to you? What happened? How did you respond?
- This passage in Romans gives us a lot of instructions about how we are supposed to treat others who are mean to us, and Jesus lived this way Look at the following passages. How did Jesus respond to people who were mean to Him?
- Luke 23:32-34
- Romans 5:10
- 1 Peter 2:23-24
Apply God’s Word
- How can you live like Jesus, and love others even when they are mean to you?
- Is it possible to live like Jesus on your own strength? Whose strength do we need to live this way?
- Is there someone you need to show love to, even if they are mean to you, just like Jesus showed His love for you? Who is it? How can you show them love this week? Take some time now to pray, and ask God to help you love Him and love others.
- We can learn how to love others like Jesus does by reading the Bible. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word in the wisdom He gives us! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need, to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Matthew 5:44 to remind you to love others like Jesus loves you! “But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,”
- True love is only found through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. But, to have this, you must put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.