Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading John 3:16-18 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read John 3:16-18 then answer these questions;
- Who does God love? Who is included in “The World”? (v. 16)
- Who is God’s Son? (v.16)
- Why did God send His only Son to earth? (vv.16, 17)
- Why do we need to believe in God’s Son? (v. 18)
- What happens if we do not believe in God’s Son? (v. 18)
- What do we have to do to be saved and to have eternal life? (v. 16)
Show God’s Word
- The Gospel means, “Good News”! Think about a time when you heard some really good news. What was it about? How did you respond? Did you want to share your good news with others? Why or why not?
- The Bible has 27 books in the New Testament. The first four- Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are called the Gospels. The Gospel (or story) of Jesus Christ was written 4 times. Why do you think the Gospel is so important for us to know?
Apply God’s Word
- When people ask us about Jesus we can tell them the Gospel, the story of how God saved us through His Son Jesus. Using your answers to question 4 above, write out what the gospel is. Then share what you’ve written with someone in your home.
- Who do you know that needs to know the Gospel? Take some time right now to pray and ask God to give you the courage to share what He has done with them this week. Then take action- call, write a letter, or video chat this person and tell them what God has done!
- We can’t share the Gospel story unless we know it! Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to learn about God’s love story by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- We can tell others about God’s love when we know His love and the most important thing He did to show us His love. God’s greatest act of love happened when God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer, when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.