How To Fight Spiritually
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read Ephesians 6:10-18, then discuss these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who is this passage written for?
- When Paul wrote “be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might” was he suggesting we do this or is this a command- something we need to do? (v.10)
- Why should we put on the whole armour of God? (vv.11, 13)
- Who or what are we fighting against? (v. 12)
- What pieces of armour does God give us? (vv.14-17).
- What does God also tell us to do when we are in a spiritual battle? (v.18)
Show God’s Word
- If you had to go into battle what piece of armour would you choose to have with you? Why would you choose that piece? Draw a picture of what it would look like!
- God gives us His own armour when we believe in Jesus. Fill in the blanks below to discover what each piece of armour does for us;
- Belt of Truth= Helps us remember the T_ _ _ H of God’s Word.
- Breastplate of Righteousness= Helps us choose what is R_ _ _ T and protects our hearts from S_ _.
- Shoes of the Gospel of Peace= Helps us not to F_ _ R and to share God’s
P_ _ _ E
- Shield of Faith= Helps strengthen our belief in G_ _
- Helmet of Salvation= Protects our M_ _ D and helps us think about G_ _
- Sword of the Spirit= is God’s W_ _ _ ,the B_ _ _ _
- Ephesians 4:11, 13 says to put on the whole armour of God. Why do you think it is important to put on the whole armour and not just part of it?
Apply God’s Word
- God gives us His armour and then tells us to pray at all times- in times of peace and in the battle. What battles are you facing right now? What is going on? What pieces of God’s armour do you still need to put on?
- Is there something that makes you fearful, anxious or worried? Take some time now to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to help you in your battle against it. Ask the Spirit to help you put on God’s armour and to trust God to help you in the battle.
- One of the greatest ways we can learn to put on the armour of God is to read the Bible. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can teach God’s Word! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize 1 John 4:4 to remember that God is always with you and He is stronger than anything and everyone! “Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”
- God gives the armour of God to those who believe in His Son Jesus Christ. To have the armour of God we first have to know Jesus and believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.