Take Care of Yourself
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading 1 Corinthians 2 & 3:1-3 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read 1 Corinthians 3:1-3 then answer these questions;
- What is a spiritual person (v.1)
- What is a person of the flesh? (V.1)
- What is an infant in Christ? (V.1)
- What is the milk Paul is talking about in verse 2?
- What is the solid food Paul is talking about in verse 2?
- What are the qualities of someone who needs milk? (V.3)
- What are the qualities of someone ready for solid food? (V.3)
Show God’s Word
- Imagine you haven’t eaten anything all day. You are super hungry! Would you rather drink a glass of milk or eat a hamburger? Why?
- It might be easier to have a glass of milk, but eating a hamburger after a long day is way more satisfying. The same is true when it comes to reading and knowing God’s Word! Why do you think God wants us to “eat more” of His Word and grow up in Him?
Apply God’s Word
- We grow up in our faith as we learn God’s Word. Do you spend time reading the Bible? If no, what is stopping you from wanting to grow up with God’s Word? What is one thing you could do this week to start reading the Bible? If you are reading God’s Word, what is one way you could grow in your Bible reading (e.g., reading every day, praying God’s Word back to Him, memorizing scripture, reading more than once a day, asking questions about what you read).
- Right now is a GREAT time to start growing in God’s Word! Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to plan ahead how you can grow up in Christ and spend time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- To grow up in Christ, we first have to know who Christ is and what He has done for us. Through a personal relationship with Jesus, God has made a way to understand His Word. To do this, God God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer, when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of God, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.