How to Be Yourself
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-19; 27-30, then discuss these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who is the author speaking to in this passage?
- What does it mean that with Christ there is one body and many members? (vv.12, 14)
- Who belongs to the body of Christ? (v.13)
- Why is it important that the body has different parts that can do different things? (i.e., ears, eyes, nose) (vv.17)
- What different gifts did God give to members of His body, the church? (vv.28)
- Why is it important that God gave different gifts to the members? (vv. 29-30)
Show God’s Word
- How many different parts of the human body do you think there are? Do each of them work the same as all the others? What do you think would happen if all the parts were the same? Would the body function properly? Why or why not?
- God tells us who we are, who He made us to be in His Word, the Bible. What do these Scriptures tell us about who He made us to be?
- Genesis 1:27
- Psalm 139:13-16
- Self-confidence focuses on ourselves. God-confidence focuses on God and who He made us to be. Is it more important to be self-confident or God-confident? Why?
Apply God’s Word
- God gives each of us gifts to use as part of His body, the church. With your parents go to this website to look and see what spiritual gifts you might have to use for God and His church; https://hopeoakville.ca/resources/discovering-spiritual-gifts/ or look at the document on the HKids page for this week.
- What is one way you can use your spiritual gifts this week to serve God’s body, the church? (maybe you can serve at church with your parents or make a card to encourage someone else at church).
- We can use our spiritual gifts to glorify God with the help of the Holy Spirit. Take some time now to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to help you grow in your spiritual gifts and for an opportunity to use them for God’s body the church.
- One of the greatest ways we can learn about God’s body, the church, is to read the Bible. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Ephesians 4:24 to remember that when you accept Jesus as your Saviour He makes you new and you can find your identity in Him “and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.”
- God gives teaches us about who we are in His Bible which tells us everything we need to know to live Godly lives. We can’t live like God wants us to if we don’t know and believe His Word and what He teaches us about Jesus. When we know the truth we realize we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.