What is Peace?
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read Luke 10:38-42, then discuss these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters in this passage?
- What happened when Jesus entered a village? (v.38)
- What did Mary do when Jesus came to the house? (v.39)
- What did Martha do when Jesus came to the house? (v.40)
- What happened to Martha because she was not focused on Jesus? (v.41)
- What does Jesus say we need to focus on (What is the one thing that is necessary)? (v.42)
Show God’s Word
- What was the last thing you were worried about? What or who were you focused on when you were worried (e.g., yourself? Others? God?).
- Was Martha anxious and troubled? Who or what was Martha focused on?
- Was Mary anxious and troubled? Who or what was Mary focused on?
- Read Hebrews 12:1-2. What do these verses tell us we can do if we focus on Jesus?
Apply God’s Word
- What things are distracting you from focusing on Jesus? (Friends? Toys? Sports? Movies?)
- What is one thing you can do this week to stop focusing on the thing you listed in question 6 and move your focus to Jesus?
- Take some time now to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to help you focus your attention on Jesus.
- We can grow our focus on Jesus and have His peace, by praying and reading His word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize John 14:27 to remember that when you feel worried, you can have peace when you put your focus back on Jesus! “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
- God’s Word gives us peace as we put our focus on Jesus. We can’t have God’s peace if we don’t know and believe His Word and what He teaches us about Jesus. When we know the truth we realize we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.