What I Care About
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading 1 Kings 6:1-2, 12-13 & 38 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Solomon was the King over Israel after King David had died…
- Whose house did God ask Solomon to build? (vv.1-2)
- What materials did Solomon use for the inside of the house (vv. 21-22)
- Even with all of the work and riches used for the temple, what does verse 12 tell you that God cares about the most?
- What does verse 13 tell you about what God will do with His people if they obey Him?
- How long did it take King Solomon to finish building God’s temple? (v.38)
Show God’s Word
Here is what God’s temple looked like when Solomon finished it:
- Solomon really cared about building God’s temple. What are some things that you care about?
- What do you do when you really care about something? Do you put in your best effort? Do you use any materials you can find or do you try to use the best materials?
- Do you find it easier to care about things that other people want you to care about or things that God wants you to care about? Why?
Apply God’s Word
- What is one thing you want to work hard on this week to show others that you care about the things God cares about, and that you want to glorify God by working hard at it?
- Take time this week to memorize Psalm 103:1 to help you remember to bless and glorify God, “ Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!”
- We can learn about the things God cares about so we can glorify God. Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to learn all about what God cares most about by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- We can glorify God by caring about what He cares about, when we know Him. God made it possible for us to know what He cares about when God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer, when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.