What is Truth?
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
Read Acts 17:10-12, then discuss these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters in this passage?
- Where was the first place Paul and Silas went to in Berea? (v.10)
- How did the Jews in Berea show that they were “noble” (v.11)
- How often did the Berean Jews read the Bible? Why? (v.11)
- What happened because the Berean Jews received and studied God’s Word? (v. 12a)
- Who believed God’s Truth after studying His Word? (v.12b)
Show God’s Word
- Has someone ever told you something that did not sound true or real? Like that fish can fly or pigs can talk? How did you figure out what was true?
- God gives us His Word, the Bible to help us figure out what is true and right. What do the these Scriptures tell us to do when we hear teaching about God and His truth?
- 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21
- 1 John 4:1
- How did the Bereans figure out if Paul and Silas were teaching the Truth about God’s Word? (Hint: Acts 17:11)
Apply God’s Word
- God gives us His Word to tell us the Truth, but sometimes we need help to understand what He means. Who are the adults in your life you can ask for help when you don’t understand what the Bible says? Ask them this week to help you!
- We can always go to God and ask the Holy Spirit to help us understand His Word, the Bible. Take some time now to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand what God is saying in the Bible, then spend some time in God’s Word and let the Holy Spirit teach you!
- One of the greatest ways we can learn what is true is to read the Bible. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize John 17:17 to remember that God’s Word is true and helps us live Godly lives! “Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.”
- God gives us the Truth in His Bible which tells us everything we need to know to live Godly lives. We can’t live like God wants us to if we don’t know and believe His Word and what He teaches us about Jesus. When we know the truth we realize we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.