What I’m Good At
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Matthew 25:14-30 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read Matthew 25:14-30, then answer these questions;
- What did the man give each servant? How much did he give them? (v.15)
- What did each of the servants do with the talents? (vv.16-18)
- After the man came back, what did each of the servants return to him? (vv.20-25)
- How did the man respond to each of the servants? (vv. 21-25)
- What did the man mean when he said, “Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful with little; I will set you over much.”?
- Why was the man angry at the servant who did nothing with the talents he had been given? (vv.26-27)
- What does this passage teach us about how our talents should be used? (v.29)
Show God’s Word
- What do you think are some gifts or talents that you have?
- We all have different skills, talents, and gifts. When others see what we can do it can make others glorify us (praise and worship us) or glorify God (praise and worship God). Do you find it easier to use your talents for you to receive praise or God? Who do you think deserves the praise? Why?
- How can you use them to glorify (praise and worship) God and serve others this week?
Apply God’s Word
- Take time this week to memorize 1 Peter 4:10 to help you remember to use your gifts and talents for God’s glory and to serve others, “As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace”
- We can learn how to use our God-given gifts to serve others and glorify God when we know what glorifies Him most. Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to learn all about what glorifies God by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- We can share what God has done in our lives and how he has given us gifts when we know why we give glory to Him. God made it possible for us to use our gifts for His glory when God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer, when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.