Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read Luke 11:1-4, then discuss these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters in this passage?
- What was Jesus doing when the disciples came to Him? Was he alone? (v1)
- What did the disciples ask Jesus to teach them? (v2)
- Who is the Father Jesus is talking about? (v2)
- “Hallowed” means to glorify. What does it mean to glorify God’s name?
- Whose “Kingdom” is Jesus praying would come? (v2)
- What is Jesus asking for when He says, “Give us this day our daily bread”? (v.3)
- What does verse 4 tell us about what we need to tell God about and ask Him for when we pray?
Show God’s Word
- Have you ever walked on a balance beam? Or tried to balance on something wobbly? How did you try to balance yourself so you wouldn’t fall over?
- When we are not standing with Jesus, we are wobbly and unbalanced. We need to be with Jesus to be balanced and to have His peace. We can be balanced in Jesus with our bodies, thoughts, and spirit. Look at these scriptures to figure out how to be stable and balanced with Jesus;
- Balance in Body:
- 1 Timothy 4:8
- 1 Corinthians 10:31
- Balance in Thought:
- Philippians 4:8
- Balance in Spirit:
- Philippians 4:6-7
- Balance in Body:
- What are some practical things you can do to abide and stand firm with Jesus?
Apply God’s Word
- What is unbalanced in your life right now? Your body, thoughts, and/or spirit?
- What is one thing you can do this week to stand firm with Jesus by abiding with Him in the area of your life that is unbalanced right now? (Hint: Luke 11:1-4)
- Take some time now to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to help you abide with Jesus this week.
- We can grow our focus on Jesus and have His peace, by praying and reading His word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Philippians 4:6-7 to remember how we can have peace by putting our focus back on Jesus and talking to Him! “do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- God’s Word and Spirit gives us peace as we put our focus on Jesus. We can’t have God’s peace if we don’t know and believe His Word and what He teaches us about Jesus. When we know the truth we realize we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.