All things new
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read Genesis 3:1-6, 13-15, then discuss these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters in this passage?
- How does the passage describe the serpent? What does “crafty” mean? (v.1)
- What was the serpent trying to get Eve to do? Did the serpent lie? (vv.1b-5)
- Did Eve obey God or listen to the serpent and rebel against God (disobey and not listen to Him)? (vv.6, 13)
- What did God tell the Serpent He would do to it because he was a creature in rebellion to God? (vv.14-15)
- Who does God send to defeat all evil and rebels forever? (Hint: v.15 & Hebrews 2:14)
Show God’s Word
- When was the last time you were tempted to not listen to your parents or teacher? (like spending a few extra minutes on the computer even though they told you your turn was over, or not doing your chore). What was it you wanted to do instead of obeying?
- Why do you think Eve rebelled, and did not obey God? Was she focusing on what God said was best for her or on what other people/ creatures said was best for her?
- This world still has rebellion and like Eve, it can be hard to do what God says is best for us. Who does God promise will help us obey Him, and crush evil and rebellion forever?
Apply God’s Word
- God helps set us free from evil in this world. What is something you are struggling to do what God says is best to do? (for example, being honest with your parents, saying nice things to others instead of calling others names).
- Take some time now to repent (tell God the areas you have not listened to Him and disobeyed), then pray and ask the Holy Spirit to help you obey Him in the situation you listed in Question 5, so that you can do what He says is best, even though it might be tempting to disobey him like Eve did.
- God sent Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, so with Him we can crush evil and do what is right by obeying Him. We can know Jesus more by praying and reading His word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Revelations 19:16 to remember that no matter what evil or temptation we face, Jesus is always in control, “On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.”
- God’s Word and Spirit gives us the power to crush evil and obey God, as we put our trust in Jesus. We can’t have God’s power if we don’t know and believe His Word and what He teaches us about Jesus. When we know the truth we realize we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.