Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Luke 10:25-37 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Take a look in your Bible at Luke 10:25-37
- What is the title of this Bible section? What is a parable?
- What does God’s Word say the lawyer needed to do to have eternal life? (v. 27)
- In Jesus’ parable, what happened to the man on the road? (v. 30)
- Did the priest and the Levite (an assistant to the priest) show that they just knew God’s Word, or did he show God’s Word by their actions? (vv. 31-32)
- Samaritans (from Northern Israel) were not liked by the Jews (from Southern Israel)l! Yet, what did the Samaritan do for the Jewish man? (vv. 33-35)
- Answer Jesus’ question in verse 36, “Which of these three (the priest, Levite, or Samaritan), do you think, proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?” (Hint: vs. 37!)
Show God’s Word
Luke 10:27 says, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
- How many parts of your body can you name in 10 seconds?
- God asks us to love Him and love others with every part of ourselves, no matter if it is easy to do or not. Looking at the questions below, give at least one example of how you can love God and/ or others with your;
- Talents/ Skills
Apply God’s Word
- Do you find it hard to love others at times? Why or why not?
- Who are your neighbours? (Hint: They can even be the people living in your house!)
- Who can you love this week? Take a look at your answers in Question 4- pick one of these examples and love one of your neighbours this week!
- How is the good Samaritan a picture of Jesus and what He has done for us on the cross (Hint: Romans 5:8)?
- Take time this week to memorize Luke 10:27 to help you remember to love God and love others more than yourself. It says, “And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
- God’s Word is full of stories about Jesus and how He loved God and others. Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to learn about God’s love by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- We can love God and others like Jesus did when we know who He is and what He has done for us. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.