Love One Another
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Ephesians 5:1-10 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Take a look in your Bible at Ephesians 5:1-21
- What is the title of this Bible section? What does it mean? (vv. 1-2)
- Who is God calling to “walk in love”? (v. 1)
- What kinds of things does this passage tell us is NOT walking in love? (vv. 3,4a)
- What Kinds of things does this passage tell us IS walking in love? (4b, 8b-10).
- Who helps us to walk in love? What happens when He helps us love God and love others? (v. 18)
Show God’s Word
Ephesians 5:1-2 says; “Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”
- What is your favourite smell? (like warm cookies cooking in the oven!) How does it make you feel when you smell it?
- Just like our favourite smell, when we walk in love, just like Jesus did, it is a good, fragrant gift to God. Take a look at these scriptures; what are some examples of how Jesus loved us and walked in love? (Matthew 15:32; Mark 6:34; John 3:16)
Apply God’s Word
- What are some different ways we can show that we love one another, imitating (or copying) the things that Jesus did?
- Who can you show God’s love to this week by walking in love? Who are they? What can you do to love them?
- Take time this week to memorize 1 John 4:7 to help you remember where true love comes from. It says, “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.”
- God’s Word is full of stories about Jesus and how He loves us. Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to learn about God’s love by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- We can be imitators of Jesus when we know who He is and what He has done for us. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.