What I’ve Been Through
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Genesis 50:15-21 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Take a look in your Bible at Genesis 50:15-21
- What is the title of this section of Scripture?
- In our video teaching today, we saw how Joseph’s brothers did all sorts of evil things to him. What were these things?
- How did God use the evil things that happened to Joseph for His glory?
- What did Joseph mean when he said to his brothers, “As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive as they are today” (Genesis 50:20)
Show God’s Word
- Joseph had a lot of hard things happen in his life. What hard or hurtful things have happened in your life?
- When hard things happened to Joseph he knew God was with him, and he gave God the glory (praise and worship), for the things He was able to overcome (See Genesis 39:21, 41:16). How do you respond when you go through hard things? Do you give God the glory? Or do you complain to God or get mad at Him?
Apply God’s Word
- With everything Joseph went through he trusted that God was going to use his story for good–and God did! What situation in your life do you need to trust God to use for His glory and your good? What is one thing you can do this week to grow in your trust of God through that situation? (ex- Tell your parents your struggle and pray with them)
- Take time this week to memorize Romans 8:28 to help you remember that you can trust God to use your story–the good and the bad for His glory and your good. It says, “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
- God’s Word is full of stories of people who went through hard things that God used for His glory and their good. Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to learn and remember that God is trustworthy even when life gets hard, by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- We can trust God to use our story for His glory when we know who He is. God made it possible for us to know Him, when God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.