God is Love
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading John 3:16 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read John 3:16, then answer these questions;
- Who does God love? Who is included in “The World”? (v. 16)
- Who is God’s Son? (v.16)
- Why did God send His only Son to earth? (vv.16)
- How does God, sending His own Son to earth, show us that He loves us?
Show God’s Word
Ephesians 5:2 says “And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”
- Who is someone in your life that loves you? How do they show you that they love you?
- God sent His Son Jesus to earth because He loves us. Jesus showed us how to love because He first loved us. Look at the examples below and write down how Jesus showed love and teaches us to love;
- John 15:13
- Romans 5:8
- Matthew 22:37-39
- From the examples in question 4, does loving like Jesus loved mean we put ourselves first or others first?
Apply God’s Word
- How does seeing that Jesus loved us first help you to love others more than yourself?
- What is one way you can love someone in your life this week by putting them first? Write down their name and what you will do to love them this week.
- One way we can grow our love for God and others is to spend time with Him in prayer and in reading His Word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize Ephesians 5:2 to remind yourself to love others like God first loved you; “And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”
- We can love others because God first loved us. And His greatest showing of His love has ALREADY been given to us when He gave us Jesus as our Saviour. God gave us this gift of love, but have you received it? God’s good gift to us is Jesus and God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.