You Can Trust In God
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Luke 2:22-35 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read Luke 2:22-35 then answer these questions;
- What is the title of this Bible passage?
- Who are the main characters in this passage?
- Who or What was Simeon waiting for? (v.25) (Hint: “consolation”= comfort of the Messiah)
- What did Simeon realize when Jesus was brought into the temple? (v.29-32)
- Who was Jesus’ salvation for? (v. 30-32)
Show God’s Word
Luke 2:29 “Lord, now you are letting your servant depart in peace, according to your word;”
- Has anyone ever promised you they would do something? (like take you to the park or to a store?). Who was it? What did they promise?
- God promised His people that He would give them a Saviour. Take a look at these passages. How does God’s word show that Jesus was the promised Saviour the people were waiting for?
- Isaiah 9:6
- Jeremiah 30:9
- Micah 5:1-4
- Isaiah 7:14
- Looking at the passages above, does God always follow through with His promises?
Apply God’s Word
- How does seeing how God’s promises in His Word come true, change how you wait for God to help and provide for you? (Hint: Think about what kind of man Simeon was and how He waited for God’s promise).
- The COVID-19 pandemic has been hard and we have had to learn to wait on the Lord and trust His promises. When you think about the past year, how has God been faithful to you this year? Write some examples of how God has provided for you on a piece of paper and hang it on your wall so you can look back and remember that God always keeps His promises.
- Looking at the ways God has been faithful this year, take some time to praise God for what He has done.
- One way we can grow our trust in God and His promises, is to spend time with Him in prayer and in reading His Word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Psalm 33:4 to remind you that God’s Word can be trusted and that God is faithful: “For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.”
- God is always true to His Word. And His greatest promise has ALREADY been given to us when He gave us Jesus as our Saviour. God gave us this gift but have you received it? God’s good gift to us is Jesus and God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.