Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Genesis 1:1-31 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Take a look in your Bible at Genesis 1:1-31;
- What is the title of this Bible section?
- Who was creating everything? (vv.1-2)
- What kinds of things were being created? (vv. 3, 8, 10, 11, 12 etc).
- How did God describe everything he made before he made people? (vv. 10, 12, 18, 21, 25)
- How did God describe creation after He made people? (v. 31)
- Why are people different than the rest of creation?
- Who are we made in the image of? (v.27)
- What responsibilities did God give people? (v2.28-30)
Show God’s Word
Ephesians 2:10 says, “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”
- Have you ever made something or drawn something that you were really proud of? Did you show it to others? Did you hang it on a wall or put it on a shelf for people to see?
- What does it mean to be created in the image of God?
- Look at the following scriptures and make a list that describes who God made you to be;
- 1 John 4:10
- Titus 2:14
- 1 Corinthians 1:30
- Romans 8:17
- What other scriptures can you find?
Apply God’s Word
- How does knowing you are made in the image of God change what you think about yourself? How does it change how you live your life?
- What are some ways your life can show that your identity is in Christ and that you are His masterpiece? (ex- in your words, thoughts, actions)?
- One way we can grow our knowledge of who we are in God is to spend time with Him in prayer and in reading His Word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Ephesians 2:10 to remind you that you are God’s masterpiece, He made you and loves you: “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them”
- We can love God, and live as His children when we know who He is and what He has done for us. God showed His love for us when God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.