Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading John 19:16b-27 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Take a look in your Bible at John 19:16b-27
- What is the title of this Bible section? What is Crucifixion?
- Why did Jesus allow Himself to be crucified (Hint: John 3:16!)
- Who was there when Jesus was being crucified? (v. 19, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26)
- Who was the disciple whom Jesus loved? (Hint: Video teaching from today!)
- What does Jesus mean when he tells Mary “Behold your son!” and he tells John “Behold your mother!” (vv. 26-27)
- What does this tell us about how Jesus loves his disciples? (vv.26-27)
Show God’s Word
Romans 5:8 says, “but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Have you ever done something bad, like sinned against a friend, a sibling, or a parent? Were you worried that they wouldn’t love you anymore because of what you did?
- What does Romans 5:8 tell us about Jesus’ love for us? Does he still love us when we sin?
- Read Jeremiah 31:3 and answer this: Does God’s love ever change? Is there anything you can do to make Jesus stop loving you?
Apply God’s Word
- How does Jesus show His love for us? Why is this loving? (Hint: Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
- What are some ways you can show God your love for Him this week (ex- in your words, thoughts, actions)?
- One way we can grow our love of God and His promises, is to spend time with Him in prayer and in reading His Word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize Romans 5:8 to remind you that God’s love for you never changes- He always has loved you and always will: “but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- We can love God, when we know who He is and what He has done for us. God showed His love for us when God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.