Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Luke 10:25-37 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- What does Sacrifice mean?
- What is the difference between giving and giving generously in faith?
- What was the difference between the response of the religious leaders and the Good Samaritan to the Jewish man in need?
- What did the Good Samaritan’s generous giving show others about his faith in God?
Show God’s Word
a) Do you think it was easy for the Good Samaritan to help the Jewish man? Why or
b) Would you rather help someone else when it is easy or when it is hard?
c) What thing(s) would be hard for you to give to others if the Lord asked you to?
d) How does knowing God loves you and will provide for you, help you to give
Apply God’s Word
7. Does God give us what we need when we need it? Look in your Bible for verses that answer this question. (Hint: Philippians 4:19, Matthew 6:31-32)
8. What are some ways that you can give? (e.g., time, resources, money). Is there someone you can help this week by giving generously to them?
10. We give generously to others because we know and trust that God will always provide for our needs. Our generous giving to others shows that we are thankful that God sent His Son Jesus to die for us and that He made it possible for us to have a personal relationship with Him. To give generously by faith in God, we must give in God’s power and not our own! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.