Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Genesis 22 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- How did Abraham show His faith in God, when God asked him to sacrifice Isaac? (Hint: Obedience!)
- Did Abraham obey God because he wanted to earn love from God? Why or why not?
- Look up James 2:14-26. What does the Bible tell us about how we show our faith?
- Can we have faith in God without good works?
- What do good works done in faith in God tell others about our faith in Him?
Show God’s Word
a) How do you think Abraham felt when God asked Him to sacrifice his only son?
b) How would you feel if God asked you to give up something/someone you love?
c) What thing(s) would be hard for you to give over to the Lord if He asked?
d) How does knowing God loves you and will provide for you, help you in obeying
Apply God’s Word
- Do you think doing good works can make God love you more? Why or why not? (Hint: Ephesians 2:8-9, 1 John 4:19)
- We grow and show our faith in God when we read our Bibles, pray, worship, and obey God’s Word. What is one way you can grow and show your faith in God this week?
- We do good works because we love God and want to obey Him. Our good works show that we are thankful that God sent His Son Jesus to die for us and that He made it possible for us to have a personal relationship with Him. To do good works for God, we must do them in God’s power and not our own! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.