How to Make Decisions
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Matthew 26:36-46 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- After you have read the passage, discuss these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters in this passage?
- What was the first thing Jesus did when He went to Gethsemane? (v.36)
- How was Jesus feeling? Why was he feeling that way? (vv. 37-38)
- Who did Jesus talk to about how He was feeling and the decisions he had to make? (v. 39).
- What does Jesus mean when He says, “not as I will, but as you will”? (v. 39)
- How many times in this passage does Jesus pray to God about the decision He has to make? (vv. 39, 42, 44)
Show God’s Word
- Who do you usually go to first when you have to make a hard decision? Why do you usually go to that person?
- Who does Jesus show us we should go to first when we have to make decisions?
- Why should we go to God first? Does He always tell us to do what is easiest for us? Why or why not?
Apply God’s Word
- How does knowing Jesus trusted God with hard decisions, help you to go to God first when you have to make a hard decision?
- What decision do you have to make right now? Have you asked God for help? Take time now to pray and ask God for wisdom and help to make a decision that glorifies Him.
- One way we can get help from God to make decisions is to spend time with Him in prayer and in reading His Word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize Proverbs 3:5-6 to remind yourself to ask God every day for wisdom, we should alway ask God for wisdom!; “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
- We ask God for help in making decisions because He knows all things and made all things! The first decision we have to make is to believe that Jesus is our Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.