Why Don’t People Get What They Deserve?
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading John 3:16-18 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read John 3:16-18 then answer these questions;
- Who does God love? Who is included in “The World”? (v. 16)
- Who is God’s Son? (v.16)
- Why did God send His only Son to earth? (vv.16, 17)
- Why do we need to believe in God’s Son? (v. 18)
- What happens if we do not believe in God’s Son? (v. 18)
- What do we have to do to be saved and to have eternal life? (v. 16)
Show God’s Word
Grace= Freely Given. God’s grace is used to describe the free gift of eternal life God gives to all his children. Salvation is all grace, a free gift from God, just because He loves us. The greatest grace we receive is God himself!
- Think about the last time someone gave you a present. What did they give you? Did you have to earn the present? Or did they give it to you just because they wanted to give you a free gift?
- God’s free gift to us is Salvation through His Son Jesus Christ. Answer the following questions about God’s gift;
- I have to earn Salvation: True or False
- Jesus died on the cross for me: True or False
- I have to pay God back for His gift of salvation: True or False
- God can not take away His gift of salvation once he has given it to me: True or False
Apply God’s Word
- Have you received God’s free gift of salvation? If yes, when did you accept this gift? What changed in your life since you were saved? If no, it’s not too late, you can receive God’s gift of salvation through Jesus Christ right now! Jump down to question 8 with your mom, dad, or caregiver.
- How does knowing that our salvation is a free gift change how you think about God? What does God’s grace tell us about who He is? Find scriptures that describe who God is to support your answer.
- We can’t grow in our knowledge of God’s grace unless we know it! Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to learn about God’s love story by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- We can know God’s grace when we know the greatest free gift He has ever given us. God’s greatest act of love happened when God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer, when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.