Reading the Bible
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Luke 2:41-52 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- After the Passover festival, where did Jesus’ family find him in Jerusalem? (V.46)
- What was Jesus doing when His earthly parents found Him? (Vv. 46-47)
- In verse 49 Jesus says, “Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father’s house?”
- Who is the Father Jesus is talking about?
- What was the house Jesus was in?
- Why was it so important for Jesus to spend time in His Father’s house?
- Jesus is fully God and fully human— He shows us that He is like us because He can learn just like we do. What happened as Jesus spent more time with His Father? (V. 52)
Show God’s Word
- Have you ever been asked a question that you didn’t know the answer to? Did you try to answer it even though you didn’t really know, or did you get help from someone else?
- When we rely on our own knowledge it is called Pride. Read Galatians 5:19-21. What do these verses tell us about what can happen when we rely on ourselves?
- When we acknowledge we don’t know all the answers it is called Humility. Read Galatians 5:22-23, what do these verses tell us about what happens when we rely on God and the Holy Spirit instead of ourselves?
- Does everybody have the help of the Holy Spirit? Who does have His help? (Galatians 5:24)
Apply God’s Word
- Galatians 5:25 says “If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.” What are some ways you can learn how God wants us to live and walk in Him?
- Take time this week to memorize Galatians 5:22-23 to help you remember what our lives are like when we live by the Spirit. Try making actions and get your caregivers to record you saying the memory verse. They can even send the video to firstname.lastname@example.org to show the Hope Kids team what you are learning!
- We can only live by the Spirit if we know who Jesus is and become His disciple. We can become a disciple of Jesus, when we know that God sent His Son Jesus to die for us and that He made it possible for us to have a personal relationship with Him. To be a disciple of God, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.