Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Matthew 6:25-34 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read Matthew 6:25-34.
- What is the title of this Bible passage? What does Anxious mean?
- Who is talking in this passage? Who is He talking to? (Hint: Matthew 5:1)
- What things do we not need to worry about? Is there anything we actually have to worry about? (v. 25)
- Why do we not need to worry about these things? (v. 26, 30)
- Can we trust that our Heavenly Father (God) will give us what we need? (v. 32)
- What do we need to do when we feel worried about anything? (v. 33)
Show God’s Word
1 Peter 5:6-7 says, “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”
- What things do you worry about?
- What do you usually do when you worry? Do you try to solve the problem on your own? Do you pray and give your worry to God?
- When we try to fix our worries by ourselves, we are really saying, “I know better than God”. What does Isaiah 55:8-9 tell us about what we know versus what God knows?
Apply God’s Word
- When we worry we might say something like, “What if (something bad happens)?”. When we trust God with our worry, we can say “Even if (something bad happens) God cares for me and I can trust Him. Fill in the blanks below, then pray and ask God to help you trust Him with it!
What if _________________________________________________________________?
Even if _________________________________________________________________ God cares for me and I can trust Him.
- What scriptures can help remind you that you can trust God with the things you worry about?
- Make your own God jar to help you pray and practice trusting God more and more. Find a box or other container, then write out the things you are worried about. As you pray and ask God to help you trust Him with the thing you are worried about, put the paper in the God box.
- Take time this week to memorize 1 Peter 5:6-7 to remember that God cares for you, so you don’t have to worry: “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”
- We can learn how to trust God, and grow in our love for Him as we read His Word. Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to grow in your love for God by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- God cares for us, loves us, and provides for us, but do you know Him? When we know who He is and what He has done for us our whole life changes. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, by the Holy Spirit, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.