Afraid to Fail
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Exodus 3:7-12 & 4:1-17with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read Exodus 3:7-12, then answer these questions;
- Who is God talking to in this passage?
- What do verses 7 & 9 tell us about what God sees and knows about the Isrealites?
- What does God promise to do to help His people who are suffering? (v. 8)
- Who did God ask to go help the Isrealites (vv. 10-11)
- Did God promise to help Moses do what he asked him to do? (v. 12)
- Read Exodus 4:1-17, then answer these questions;
- What was Moses afraid would happen when he did what God asked him to do? (v. 1)
- How did God respond to Moses’ fear and tell Moses He would help him? (v.2-5)
- How did Moses try to get out of doing what God asked him to do? (vv. 10, 13)
- What was Moses not believing to be true about God? (v. 11, 12)
- How did God show Moses (again!) that He would help him? (vv. 14-17)
Show God’s Word
- What are some things you are afraid to do? Do you try to get out of doing them, or do you ask for help?
- If God asks us to do something, should we do it even if we are afraid? Why or why not?
- What does God promise to us when he asks us to do something for Him? Is it God or us doing the work? (Isaiah 41:13)
Apply God’s Word
- What is something God has asked you to do that you are afraid to do? What do you need to believe about God to help you obey Him?
- What Scriptures can you find that you can use to remind you that God promises to help you do what He asks you to do? Make a list of them on a piece of paper and hang it up on your wall to remind you that you can trust Him to help you- Always!
- Take time this week to memorize Isaiah 41:13 to remember that we do not need to be afraid to do what God calls us to because He is always with us: “For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”
- We don’t need to be afraid to do what God calls us to do, when we know that God will always help us. We can grow in our trust in Him as we read His Word. Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to grow in your love for God by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- God cares for us, loves us, and provides for us, but do you know Him? When we know who He is and what He has done for us our whole life changes. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, by the Holy Spirit, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.