I’m Not Afraid
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
Spend time reading Psalm 91:14-15 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read Psalm 91
- What is a psalm?
- What is the title of this psalm? What does it mean? Who is it talking about?
- What words in verses 14-15 tell you that God is a safe person to go to?
- What do verses 14-15 tell you about how God protects those who trust in Him?
- What does it mean to “hold fast (to God) in love”? (v. 14)
- What happens when we hold fast to God in love? (v. 14-16)
Show God’s Word
Psalm 91:14-15 says, “Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him.”
- What are some things you are afraid of? What do you do when you are afraid? Who do you talk to?
- Who should we go to when we are afraid? (Hint: Psalm 91:14)
- Read Psalm 91:14-15, what does God promise to do for people who love Him?
Apply God’s Word
- When we trust God and hold fast to Him we don’t have to be afraid. Who does God give us to help us trust Him? How does He help us? (Hint: 2 Timothy 1:7)
- Read Galatians 5:22-23.The Holy Spirit helps us to have love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. What do you need most when you are afraid? Take some time to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to help you remember the power you have because of Him when you are afraid.
- Take time this week to memorize 2 Timothy 1:7 to remember that we do not need to be afraid: “for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control”
- We don’t need to be afraid when we know God. We can grow in our love for Him as we read His Word. Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to grow in your love for God by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- God cares for us, loves us, and provides for us, but do you know Him? When we know who He is and what He has done for us our whole life changes. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, by the Holy Spirit, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.