What Will People Do?
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Daniel 6:1-28 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read Daniel 6:1-28.
- What is the title of this Bible passage?
- Who is Darius? Who is Daniel? (vv.1-2)
- Why did the other Satraps and presidents want to find something bad about Daniel? Did they find anything wrong with him? Why or why not? (vv. 3-5).
- What did the Satraps and Presidents do in order to make Daniel break a law? (vv. 6-9)
- Did Daniel do what everybody else was doing or did he care only about what God wanted him to do? (vv.10)
- What happened when they found Daniel Praying faithfully to God? (vv.10-16)
- What happened to Daniel in the lion’s den? What did the King tell all the people to do because of Daniel’s faithfulness to follow God and not people? (vv.19-27)
Show God’s Word
Daniel 6:26 says, “I make a decree, that in all my royal dominion people are to tremble and fear before the God of Daniel, for he is the living God, enduring forever; his kingdom shall never be destroyed, and his dominion shall be to the end.”
- Do you ever worry about what other people think? What kinds of things do you worry about?
- Should we look to other people or to God to help us decide what to do and how to live?
- Read Daniel 6:26, why should we fear God instead of people?
Apply God’s Word
- When we Fear God, it means we know how much we need to trust Him, love Him, honour Him, and obey Him. We know that when we don’t do what God says is best, we can hurt ourselves. What kinds of things fear people more than God? (for example- Are you more afraid of getting a bad grade at school because your parents might be mad or because you know you did not try your best to honour God with your homework?)
- Take some time to repent, and say sorry to God for caring more about what other people think than what He thinks. Then ask Him to help you look to Him first to help you live for Him, love Him more, and to honour Him with what you do, say, and think.
- What scriptures can help remind you to live for God and not for other people?
- Take time this week to memorize Proverbs 29:25 to remember that we need to care more about what God thinks than what other people think: “The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe.”
- We can remember to fear God, and grow in our love for Him as we read His Word. Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to grow in your love for God by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- God cares for us, loves us, and provides for us, but do you know Him? When we know who He is and what He has done for us our whole life changes. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, by the Holy Spirit, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.