God is my Dad
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Matthew 1:18-25 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read Matthew 1:18-25 then answer these questions;
- What is the title of this Bible passage?
- Who are the main characters in this passage?
- Who is Jesus’ adoptive father on earth?
- Who is Jesus’ true Father?
- What does this passage tell us about Joseph? What kind of man was he?(v.19)
- What does this passage tell us about God? What kind of Father is He? (Hint: See John 3:16 for this too!)
Show God’s Word
Ephesians 1:5 “he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will”
Predestined means: “God has eternally chosen those whom He intends to save and adopt into His family.”
- Think about someone in your family that loves you. What are they like? What do they do that shows you that they love you?
- What happens when a child is adopted by a family (Where do they live, what do they get,etc.)?
- If we are adopted as God’s child, what does that mean for us?
- What does this tell us about God and who He is?
Apply God’s Word
- How does knowing God chooses you to be His child change how you think of Him as your Father? How should it change how you spend time with Him?
- Listen and Worship to the song “Good, Good, Father” by Chris Tomlin. As you listen to the song, think about God and thank Him for His love for His children.
- One way we grow in knowing who God the Father is and what it means to be adopted as His child, is to spend time with Him in prayer and in reading His Word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Ephesians 1:5: “he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will”
- God loves you, but are you His child? Great news! God has made a way to adopt us as His child! God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To be a child of God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.