Add More God
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading 1 Samuel 3 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read 1 Samuel 3 then answer these questions;
- What is the title of this Bible passage?
- What time of day was it? What were Eli and Samuel doing? (vv. 2-3)
- Who did Samuel think was calling him? (vv.4-5)
- What does verse 7 tell us about Samuel’s relationship with God?
- Who was actually calling Samuel? (vv. 8-9)
- How many times did God call Samuel? (vv. 4, 6, 8, 10)
- Did Samuel hear God each time? Or was he distracted? (vv. 5, 6, 8, 10)
- What was God able to do with Samuel because he listened and was not distracted? (vv.19-21)
Show God’s Word
John 3:30 “He (Jesus) must increase, but I must decrease.”
- List the things you spend most of your time doing. Are most of these activities focused on you, other people, or Jesus?
- What does John mean when he says, “Jesus must increase, but I must decrease”?
- Why do you think it is important for our focus to be more on Jesus than ourselves?
Apply God’s Word
- Look at the things you listed in question 3. Order these things from most important to least important. Is Jesus your number one priority? Or are you spending too much time on other things that distract you from Him?
- What is one thing you can remove from your list in question 6 to make more time for God? What can you replace it with? (Prayer? Bible reading? Worship?)
- One way we show God He is most important in our lives is to spend time with God in prayer and in reading God’s Word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize John 3:30 to remember that we need to spend more and more time with God and less and less time on ourselves: “He must increase, but I must decrease.”
- God cares for us, loves us, and provides for us, but do you know Him? When we know who He is and what He has done for us our whole life changes. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, by the Holy Spirit, we can understand God’s Word, and be comforted by God, who knows everything about us! To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.