Jesus is the Light
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read Matthew 7:24-27, then discuss these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters in this passage?
- Who will be like the man who built his house on the rock? (v.24)
- What happens to the house on the rock when it is stormy? (v.25)
- Who will be like the man who built his house on the sand? (v.26)
- What happens to the house on the sand when it is stormy? (v.27)
- Who does the rock represent in this story?
Show God’s Word
- When was the last time you had to make a big choice? What was it? How did you decide what to do?
- The Bible says Jesus is like a lot of things we see on Earth to help us understand and know Him. Look at these passages. What do they tell us Jesus is like? How is He like these?
- John 6:48
- John 8:12
- John 10:9
- John 10:11
- John 15:5
- To build our house on the rock, we have to be close to it. What are some ways you can be close to Jesus, our rock?
Apply God’s Word
- When we make choices, how do we know what God wants us to do? Fill in the blanks below to find out!
The W_ _ L of God is the W_ _ D of God.
- What do you need help from God with? Take some time now to pray and ask God to teach you and help you in His Word. Then take time reading your Bible!
- Jesus is our guide, and He leads us through His Word. We can know Jesus more by praying and reading His word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize John 8:12 to remember that Jesus is with us and guides us every day “Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
- God’s Word leads us and guides us. We can’t know God’s will if we don’t know and believe His Word and what He teaches us about Jesus. When we know the truth we realize we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.