I Am Rich
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Matthew 17:24-27 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read Matthew 17:24-27.
- Where are the disciples? (v.1)
- What are the tax collectors collecting? What are they collecting it for? (v.1)
- What did the tax collectors ask Peter? (v. 24)
- Who is the teacher the tax collectors are asking about? (v. 24,25)
- Do the kings of a country collect taxes from their own children? (v. 26)
- Since the Temple belongs to God, should Jesus, the Son of God, and the disciples have to pay tax at God’s temple? Why or Why not? (v. 26)
- Why does Jesus pay the two-drachma tax? (v. 27)
- How does God provide for the tax? (v. 27)
Show God’s Word
- Think about a time when you really wanted something. What was it? Was it something you really needed or something you wanted?
- Does God know what we need better than we do? (Hint: Matthew 6:8)
- If God gives us everything we need, does he always give us everything we want? Why or why not?
Apply God’s Word
- Do you ever believe the lie that God does not really give you everything you need? What things do you think He should give you? Take some time confessing to God that you have believed this lie, and ask Him to help you believe that Truth that He gives you everything you need.
- What scriptures can help remind you that God gives you everything you need?
- Take time this week to memorize Philippians 4:19 to remember that God has given you everything you need: “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus”
- We can learn about how God provides for us and grow in our love for Him as we read His Word. Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to grow in your love for God by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- God knows us, loves us, and provides for us, but do you know Him? When we know who He is and what He has done for us our whole life changes. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.