I Am Chosen
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Matthew 9:9-13 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read Matthew 9:9-13.
- Who is Matthew? (v.9)
- What was Matthew’s job? (v.9)
- Who is Jesus eating with at the table? (v.10)
- Do the Pharisees like tax collectors? Why or why not? (v.11)
- What does Jesus mean when he says, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick”? (v. 12)
- Who does Jesus call? Are they perfectly good and healthy? Are they imperfect, sick, and sinful? (v. 13).
Show God’s Word
- We choose to spend time with people we like, who we have fun with, and who are nice to us. Who do you like to choose to play with?
- Are we chosen by God because of something we did or because of what God did?
- God chooses people who are sinners. He knows people are not perfect, and he chooses to love us anyways. What does Romans 5:8 tell us about what Jesus chose to do so that He could be with us?
Apply God’s Word
- Do you believe that God loves you, created you and wants you to know Him? What Scriptures remind you that He loves you and wants you to know Him?
- How does knowing God created and loves you even though you are a sinner, change how you think about yourself, your friends, and your family?
- Take time this week to memorize John 3:16 to remember that God loves you and gave His Son Jesus to save you: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
- We can learn about God’s love for us and grow in our love for Him as we read His Word. Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to grow in your love for God by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- God knows and loves us, but do you know Him? When we know who He is and what He has done for us our whole life changes. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.