Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Acts 8:1-3, 9:1-31 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- In Acts we learn about the story of how God transformed a man named Saul and how His life changed.
- Who is Saul? What was he like? (Acts 8:1-3, 9:1)
- Who spoke to Saul when he was going to Damascus to arrest Christians? (vv. 3-6)
- What did God tell Saul to do? Did Saul obey God? (Vv. 6-9)
- Who is Ananias? (V. 10)
- What did God ask Ananias to do? (vv. 11-12)
- How did Ananias respond? (vv. 13-14)
- Why did God want Saul to be healed? (vv. 15-16)
- What did Saul do after Jesus saved him? (vv. 20-22)
Show God’s Word
- What would happen if you spilled red spaghetti sauce on a white shirt? Could you get the sauce off of your shirt just by rubbing it yourself with your hand; or would you need to get help from soap and water?
- Sin (the bad things we do that do not show that we love God), makes our hearts dark and dirty. Can you make your own heart clean and pure? Why or why not?
- Who is the only One that can cleanse/save us from sin? (Hint: Acts 4:11-12)
- Is there a sin that is too big for Jesus to forgive us from? (Hint: 1 John 3:5)
Apply God’s Word
- When we tell God the things we have done wrong and ask Jesus to forgive us for our sin, it is called repentance. Is there something you have done wrong, a sin you have committed that you need to ask Jesus for forgiveness for?
- Check out the repentance prayer worksheet and take time to tell God your sin from question 8, and ask Him for forgiveness. Don’t wait! He loves you!
- Have you ever asked God to clean your heart and make you pure? God sent His only Son Jesus Christ to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can approach God with confidence in prayer, because we are His disciples. To be a disciple of God, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.