Why Do People Worship God?
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Luke 19:28-40 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- After you have read the passage, discuss these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters in this passage?
- What did Jesus ask the two disciples to get from the village? (vv.29-30)
- What does it show about Jesus, that He knew where the colt would be? (v.32)
- What does it show about Jesus, that the owners of the colt give it to the disciples? (vv. 31, 33-35).
- How did people in the village worship Jesus when he entered the village? (vv. 36-38).
- If the village people didn’t worship Jesus, what else would? (v. 40)
Show God’s Word
- Is there someone you would be super excited to see walking down the street? (like a famous hockey player or a grandparent?) Who is it? How would you celebrate seeing them? Would you dance? Sing? Clap?
- When Jesus entered the city, people worshipped Him in many different ways. What do the scriptures below tell us about some ways we can worship God?
- Psalm 75:1
- John 4:24
- Romans 12:1-2
- What did Jesus mean when He said, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.”? What does this say about how worthy of worship Jesus is?
Apply God’s Word
- Sometimes we worship and spend time with other people or things (like sports, video games, toys) more than we worship and spend time with God. Who are some people or things you sometimes worship more than you worship God?
- Take some time now to repent- tell God who or what you are worshipping more than Him, then ask Him for forgiveness. Ask God to help show you how you can worship Him more and more!
- One of the greatest ways we can grow understanding who God is and how we can worship Him is to read the Bible. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Revelation 4:11 to remember that God is worthy of our time, energy and talents. We get to worship Him!. “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.”
- We get to worship God because Jesus made a way for us to have a relationship with God, despite our sin. To get to worship God all we have to do is believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.