How Can I Be A Good Person?
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
Spend time reading Genesis 3:1-10 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- After you have read the passage, discuss these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters in this passage?
- What did God actually say to Adam about eating fruits of the trees? (Genesis 2:16-17) How is this different from what the serpent said? (v.1)
- How did the serpent try to trick Eve so she would not obey God (v.4)
- Even though Eve knew that God said not to eat the fruit, did she choose to disobey and eat it? (v.6)
- Did Eve also convince her husband Adam to disobey God? (v. 6)
- What happened after Adam and Eve disobeyed God? (vv. 7-10)
Show God’s Word
- Think about the last time you did something wrong. Did you try to hide what you did from others? Why or why not?
- Sin is the word we use to describe the bad things we do when we disobey God and His Word. Did Adam and Eve choose to sin and disobey God? Or was it an accident? (v.6)
- After Adam and Eve chose to sin, did they suffer? (was life worse for them after they sinned and disobeyed God?) (vv. 7-10)
Remember: When we CHOOSE to Sin, we CHOOSE to suffer.
Apply God’s Word
Grace= God freely giving us what we don’t deserve. This is used to describe the free gift of eternal life God gives to all his children. Salvation is all grace, a free gift from God, just because He loves us. The greatest grace we receive is God himself through Jesus Christ!
- God knows we are not able to be good people on our own and that we often choose to sin and disobey Him even though we know it is wrong. God can forgive us because of His Grace. How does knowing God has grace help you to go to Him in prayer when you have sinned and not run from Him?
- Is there a sin you have done that you need to ask God for forgiveness for? What is it? Take some time now to pray, and ask God for forgiveness. Be sure to thank Him for giving His Son Jesus to us, so that we can ask for forgiveness for sin.
- One of the greatest ways we can grow understanding God’s grace is to spend time with God in prayer and in reading His Word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize Romans 6:23 to remember that sin separates us from God, but if we believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, we are freely forgiven because of God’s grace. “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- We can be forgiven for the sin (bad things) we do and receive God’s grace when we know and believe in Jesus. The way to have God’s joy is to first believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.