Step 1: Sing the Songs Together
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Hey Hope Kids! Today is called Good Friday. It is a day that we remember the death of Jesus Christ on the cross for us. A few questions you may have today are: Why is today called ‘good’ if we are remembering Jesus’ death? Why did He have to die in the first place? What does it mean for me and how I live my life? Well, let’s dive in and help to answer these questions…
- What is sin?
- What does grace mean?
- Why do we need grace from God? (Romans 3:23; 6:23a)
- Is there anything we can do to save ourselves from our sin? (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- What did Jesus do to make it possible for us to have God’s grace? (Romans 5:8)
- How do we get God’s grace? (Romans 10:9-10; Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Jesus makes you God’s child when you choose to follow Him. Romans 10:9 (ESV) says “because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved”. To be saved by Jesus;
- First: A_______ you’re a sinner that needs help.
- Second: B_________ that Jesus sacrificed Himself.
- Third: C________ to follow Jesus as your leader.
Through this, Jesus becomes your Lord and Saviour. This is why we call today “Good Friday”, because Jesus has paid the full penalty for your sin and He offers you salvation!
Would you like Jesus to save you today?