How to Get Wisdom
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Matthew 7:24-27 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- After you have read the passage, discuss these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who is speaking in this passage?
- What does Jesus say we need to hear and listen to so we can be like a wise man? (v.24).
- What is the ‘rock’ that Jesus says our lives are to be built upon? (v. 24)
- What does Jesus say will happen if we don’t build our lives on His Word and we choose to live our own way? (vv. 26-27)
Show God’s Word
- Have you ever built something really cool? What was it? What did you build it out of?
- If you were building a house, would you rather build it on the sand or on rock? Why?
- How does the rock of God’s Word give our lives a firm foundation?
Apply God’s Word
- What do you think your life would look like if it was built on God’s Word (list a few ideas)?
- Fill in the blanks from the video: When I live by God’s way I am _________. When I live by my own way I am __________.
- What are two things you can do this week to build your life on God’s Word and grow in wisdom (list these below)? Ask your parents to help support you doing these this week!
- One way we can grow in wisdom with God is to spend time with Him in prayer and in reading His Word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize James 1:5 to remind yourself to ask God every day for wisdom, we should alway ask God for wisdom!; “ If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given to him..”
- We ask God for wisdom because He knows all things and made all things! The first wise thing we can do is believe that Jesus is our Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.