Virtual Hope Kids - September 24, 2022
Disciples Make Disciples
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Disciples Make Disciples
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Acts 3:1-4:22 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- What did Peter and John give to the man at the temple gate? (3:6)
- What was the first thing the man at the temple gate did when God healed him? (3:8)
- Who does Peter say actually healed the man at the temple gate?(3:16)
- Why was it important that Peter and John told others about who had healed the man at the temple? (3:19)
- Why were the Jewish leaders annoyed that Peter and John were telling others about Jesus? Did the Jewish leaders want people to follow them or follow Jesus?
- The Jewish leaders told Peter and John to stop telling others about Jesus, but they did not listen (4:17-20). What did they mean when they said, “We can’t help but speak of what we have seen and heard about Jesus and the gospel?
Show God’s Word
- Have you ever been scared or fearful to tell others about Jesus? If so, when?
- Think about the people around you (ie-family, friends, neighbors, etc). Do you think they need to hear about Jesus? Why or why not?
- What is one thing that you can do when you feel fearful or scared about telling others about Jesus? (Hint: See Acts 4:31!)
Apply God’s Word
- Peter and John explained the Gospel with everyone they met. The Gospel is the story about how God made a way for us to be saved from our sin by sending His Son Jesus. Write out the Gospel message in your own words, then practice sharing the Gospel with someone in your home. (See Romans Road activity sheet!)
- Who is one person you can share God’s Gospel message with this week? (Hint: Neighbour, friend, grocery cashier). Pray and ask God to give you boldness to share His Gospel truth this week!
- One way we can grow in being a disciple is to spend time with God in prayer and in reading His Word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize 1 Corinthians 1:11 to remind yourself to live like Jesus did!; “Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.”
- We are Jesus’ disciples when we have been saved by Him and follow Jesus’ example. When Jesus is important to us, we want to be more like Him. We can become a disciple of Jesus, when we know that God sent His Son Jesus to die for us and that He made it possible for us to have a personal relationship with Him. To be a disciple of God, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.