Virtual Hope Kids - September 17, 2022
Disciples Know Jesus
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Disciples Know Jesus
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Jesus uses the parable of the sower to teach about His message of the Good News (The Gospel!), and how people will respond to Him. Answer the following questions about the parable of the sower;
- Who does the farmer represent? What do the seeds the farmer was spreading represent? (V. 18)
- What is the soil of the hard path like? (V. 19)
- What is the soil that is shallow and rocky like? (V. 20-21)
- What is the soil among the thorns like? (V. 22)
- What is good soil like? (V. 23)
- From your answers above, answer this question: Do all people who hear about Jesus truly come to know and believe in Him as their Lord and Saviour?
- What kind of soil do you want your heart to be like?
Show God’s Word
- It’s the summertime and LOTS of fruits and vegetables are growing! What do you think would happen if a farmer planted vegetable seeds in the ground, but then never watered them or take out the weeds around them?
- How is our faith in Jesus Christ similar to this?
Apply God’s Word
- What things has God given us to use to help us keep the soil of our hearts healthy, so we can know Jesus more and more? (E.g., Read your Bible, pray, worship, etc.).
- This week, commit to knowing Jesus more. Of all the things you listed in question 9, what is one thing you can do this week to know Jesus more? Also, what are some ‘weeds’ in your life that may be choking out the truth of God’s Word? Will you confess those to Jesus today and ask for His help in removing them?
- One way we can grow in being a disciple is to spend time with God in prayer and in reading His Word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Philippians 3:10 to remind yourself to live like Jesus did!; “that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,”
- We are Jesus’ disciples when we have been saved by Him and know Him better and better. When Jesus is important to us, we want to know Him better and better and want to spend time with Him. We become a disciple that knows Jesus, when we know that God sent His Son Jesus to die for us and that He made it possible for us to have a personal relationship with Him. To be a disciple of God, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.