Virtual Hope Kids - September 10, 2022
Disciples Level Up
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Disciples Level Up
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Mark 10:17-31 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read Mark 10:17-31, then answer these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- What is a follower of Jesus Christ (ie-a disciple)?
- What did Jesus ask the rich young man to give up in order to truly be His disciple (v. 21)?
- Why did Jesus ask the rich young man to give up these things? (Hint: Matthew 16:25; Luke 4:8)
- Was the rich young man able to give up everything to have a stronger relationship with Jesus (v. 22)?
- What does God promise to give to those who give up the things of this world to follow Him (vv. 29-31)?
Show God’s Word
- Ask your parents to go to the cupboard and to show you the ‘eye of a needle’ (v. 25). Do you think it would be hard for a camel to fit through that!?
- In v. 25, Jesus says that it is easier for the camel to go through that, than for someone who is very rich in this world to get into heaven! Why?
- What thing(s) would be hard for you to give up if Jesus asked you to?
Apply God’s Word
- Being a disciple means we are trying to be more and more like Jesus because He is our example. Sometimes we look to people or other things instead of Jesus to give us comfort, hope, satisfaction and fulfillment. Is there anyone or anything you look to for these things instead of Jesus? (Some examples: Television, Mondy, Friends, Music). Spend some time confessing this to God in prayer and ask Him to help you look to Him more and more (asking Jesus for forgiveness for looking to other things and not Him!).
- What is God asking you to give up or stop doing so you can have a better relationship with Him? What things can you do this week to give these things up and to start living God’s way?
- One way we can grow in being a disciple is to spend time with God in prayer and in reading His Word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize John 13:13 to remind yourself who Jesus is!!; “You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am.”
- We are Jesus’ disciples when we have been saved by Him and are growing in relationship with Him. As His power works in us, we grow to love Him more, we obey Him and become more like Him. God made a way to save us, but have you believed it and become a disciple? God’s good gift to us is Jesus and God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.