Virtual Hope Kids - November 05, 2022
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Romans 14:13-23 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- What does temptation mean?
- Sin is defined as “Missing God’s mark”. What does this mean?
- Are we all tempted to sin by the same things?
- Romans 14:13-23 teaches us more about how sometimes believers make different choices about what is the best way to please and honour God.
- Verse 13 says, “decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.” What is this verse asking us to do?
- If one person thinks something is wrong and doesn’t please the Lord, should they do it anyways if other believers think it is okay? Why or why not? (vv. 14, 15)
- What should we do when we feel like something pleases God, but someone else does not think it pleases God? (vv. 16-21)
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 says, “So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” What does Romans 14:23 tell us about how we can know if our choices glorify God?
Show God’s Word
- Think about the last time you went to the ice cream store. What is the best flavour to choose? Is your favourite flavour of ice cream the same as everyone else? Is it wrong for other people to choose a different flavour that they like if their choice isn’t sinning against God?
Apply God’s Word
- Who does God give us to help us figure out what is the best way to honour and please Him? (Hint: John 14:15-17)
- What should we do if we are not sure if something pleases God (3 Things: i) John 15:5 ii) 1 Thessalonians 5:17 iii) Proverbs 24:6)?
- Is there something you are doing or that you are encouraging someone else to do, that does not please God (for example, watching movies or reading books that you don’t think please Him)? Take time right now to repent (tell God that you are sorry for doing something that is wrong) and ask God to help you make the choice that pleases Him most.
- God’s Word helps us fight sin. Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to plan ahead how you can grow up in Christ and spend time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Make it your goal this week to memorize Romans 14:23 with your family. It says: ”But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.”
- When we know who God is we want to make choices that please Him. God wants to help us make choices that please Him more and more. To do this, He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can approach God with confidence in prayer, because we are His disciples. To be a disciple of God, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.