Virtual Hope Kids - May 28, 2022
How To Share Hope
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
How to Share Hope
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Spend time reading Acts 2:42-47 with your family.
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- What does the church (or fellowship of believers) do? (v.42)
- What happened when the church was doing everything in verse 42? (v.43)
- Were the people in the church unified and working together? (v. 44)
- How did the believers help one another? (v.45)
- When the church lived like Jesus (Hint: vv. 42-45) what happened in their own hearts? (v. 46)
- What happened because the church obeyed and loved God in His power? (v.47)
Show God’s Word
- The church in Acts lived differently than the people around them. What kind of hope did they have, that helped them to be generous, loving, and kind to one another?
- Worldly Hope= something good we would like to happen in the future, but we don’t know if it actually will happen.
- Biblical Hope= something we know will happen in the future, because God promised it.
- Think about our church- Hope Bible Church. Where do you see people at church loving others, being generous, sharing meals together, listening to God’s Word or praying together? What kinds of things do you see?
Apply God’s Word
- How can we share the Biblical Hope we have in Jesus with those around us? (Hint: what was the church doing in Acts 2:42-47?)
- What is one thing you can do this week to show others the hope you have in Jesus? What is it and who will you show it to? Take some time now to pray, and ask God to help you love Him and love others, by taking part in His church and living like He asks us to in Acts.
- We can learn how to share the Biblical Hope we have in Jesus by reading the Bible. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word in the wisdom He gives us! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need, to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Romans 15:13 to remind you that we can be filled with hope when we believe in Jesus and are filled with the Holy Spirit! “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”
- True hope is only found through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. But, to have this, you must put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.