Virtual Hope Kids - May 21, 2022
How To Hope
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
How to Hope
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Spend time reading Hebrews 12:3-11 with your family.
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- What event are we supposed to remember that happened to Jesus? (v.3)
- How does remembering how Jesus suffered help us in our suffering? (v.3)
- What does it mean to “struggle against sin”? (v.4)
- Does God see us as His children? How do you know? (v.5)
- What is discipline (training)?
- Who does God discipline? Why? (vv.6-9)
- Why is discipline good? (vv.10-11)
Show God’s Word
- When was the last time your parents, grandparents, or teachers disciplined you? What happened?
- Jesus suffered a lot when He was on earth. What kind of Hope did He have that helped Him obey God?
- Worldly Hope= something good we would like to happen in the future, but we don’t know if it actually will happen.
- Biblical Hope= something we know will happen in the future, because God promised it.
- Why do our parents and God discipline us? Is discipline good? Why or why not?
Apply God’s Word
- How does having Biblical Hope help us when we feel disappointed, when something we want to happen, doesn’t?
- What is something you have been disappointed by lately? Take some time now to pray, and ask God to help you trust His plans, and His ways, even when they are different from yours.
- We can remind ourselves of the Biblical Hope we have in Jesus by reading the Bible. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word in the wisdom He gives us! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need, to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize 1 Thessalonians 1:3 to remind you that Jesus is our true hope who never lets us down, “remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- True hope is only found through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. But, to have this, you must make the decision to put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.