Virtual Hope Kids - May 14, 2022
What is Hope?
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
What is Hope?
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Spend time reading Luke 24:13-35 with your family.
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- Who did the two disciples meet on their walk? (v.15)
- Why didn’t the disciples recognize Jesus? (v.16)
- Why were the disciples sad, why had they lost hope? (vv. 21-24)
- What did Jesus teach the disciples about why He suffered? (vv.26-27)
- What did Jesus use to teach them? Was it a surprise that Jesus suffered like He did? (v.27)
- What happened when the disciples recognized that Jesus was with them? (vv.32-35)
Show God’s Word
- What is something that you are really excited for, or that you hope will happen in your life?
- We use the word “Hope” a lot (Our church is even named after it!), but what does “Hope” really mean?
- Worldly Hope= something good we would like to happen in the future, but we don’t know if it actually will happen.
- Biblical Hope= something we know will happen in the future, because God promised it.
Would you rather have worldly hope or Biblical hope? Why?
- What do these scriptures teach us about Who Biblical hope is all about and What Biblical hope does in us?
- Isaiah 40:31
- Psalm 33:18 (See John 3:16 for how He showed His unfailing love)
- Psalm 130:5
Apply God’s Word
- If Jesus is our true Hope, what are some ways we can go to Him when we feel hopeless?
- What things are you trusting and putting your hope in? Take some time now to repent, and ask God to help you trust Him more than people, things, or your own work.
- We can remind ourselves of the Biblical Hope we have in Jesus by reading the Bible. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word in the wisdom He gives us! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize 1 Peter 1:3 to remind you that Jesus is our true hope who never lets us down, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,”
- True hope is only found through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. But to have this, you must make the decision to put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour? To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.