Virtual Hope Kids - July 30, 2022
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Spend time reading Genesis 22:1-14 with your family.
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- How did God test Abraham? (vv.1-2)
- How did Abraham respond to God? (vv.3-7; 9-10)
- Did Abraham obey God because he wanted to earn love from God? Why or why not?
- How does Abraham show faith in God in verse 8?
- Was Abraham willing to obey God even though it was going to mean he would have to sacrifice his son? (v.10)
- What does Abraham’s faith in God show us? (vv. 12-14)
Show God’s Word
According to Hebrews 11:1, faith can be defined as: “Choosing to believe God’s Word and acting on it in His power because He gets glory and promises a good result.”
- Look up James 2:14-26. What does the Bible tell us about how we show our faith?
- What are some good works that God says are pleasing to him? (Hint: Galatians 5:22-23)
- Can we have faith in God without good works? Why or why not?
- What do good works done in faith in God tell others about our faith in Him?
Apply God’s Word
- How do you think Abraham felt when God asked Him to sacrifice his only son?
- How would you feel if God asked you to give up something/someone you love?
- What thing(s) would be hard for you to give over to the Lord if He asked?
- How does knowing God loves you and will provide for you, help you in obeying Him?
- Do you think doing good works can save you or make God love you more? Why or why not? (Hint: Ephesians 2:8-9, 1 John 4:19)
- We grow and show our faith in God when we read our Bibles, pray, worship, and obey God’s Word. What is one way you can grow and show your faith in God this week?
- One of the greatest ways we can grow in our faith in God is to spend time with God in prayer and in reading His Word. The Bible is FUEL FOR OUR FAITH! The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word in the wisdom and power that He gives us! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need, to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize James 2:26 to remember what faith in action looks like! “For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.”
- Faith comes from hearing God’s word, repenting of your sin; and trusting in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. To become a follower of Jesus, you have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.