Virtual Hope Kids - July 23, 2022
What is Faith?
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
What is Faith?
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Spend time reading Hebrews 11:1 with your family.
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- What does assurance mean? (v1)
- Based on the video and this passage, what are some of the things we as Christians are hoping for? (v.1)
- What does conviction mean? (v.1)
- Based on the video and this passage, who do we trust to make sure that the things we hope will happen, actually will? (v.1)
Show God’s Word
According to Hebrews 11:1, faith can be defined as: “Choosing to believe God’s Word and acting on it in His power because He gets glory and promises a good result.”
- What does faith look like in our day to day life (ie-at school, home, when tempted to sin)?
- The Bible says we should put our faith in Jesus, because we need a Saviour to save us from our sins. Do you know that you need a Saviour? What do you think you need to be saved from that is separating you from God?
- The Bible tells us that sin means to “miss the mark” of obeying God’s Word (1 John 3:4). Using your Bible, answer the following questions...
- Who is guilty of sin? (Romans 3:23)
- What happens to us because of our sins? (Romans 6:23a)
- Who is the only person we can trust to save us from our sins? (Acts 4:12)
- Because Jesus died for our sins, what gift has God promised to give us? (Romans 6:23b)
- How do we put our faith in Jesus? (Romans 10:9-10)
Apply God’s Word
- What are some things you put your faith in (ie-friends, objects, other things)?
- Do you think any of those things can save you from your sin? Why or why not?
- When we don’t put our faith in Jesus, it is called sin because we are not believing that Jesus is the only One we should put our faith in. Taking the things you listed in question 5, take some time asking God to forgive you for putting your faith in things other than Him. Then ask God to help you trust Him more.
- One of the greatest ways we can grow in our faith in God is to spend time with God in prayer and in reading His Word. The Bible is FUEL FOR OUR FAITH! The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word in the wisdom and power that He gives us! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need, to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Hebrews 11:1 to remember what faith really is! “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”
- Faith comes from hearing God’s word, repenting of your sin; and trusting in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. To become a follower of Jesus, you have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.